Friday, June 21, 2013

Product Review: Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation...

Aside from skincare, we know that Shiseido is also famous for their awesome foundations.  I've used some of their powder foundations in the past and I can really say that they are one of the best that I've tried.  They are so finely-milled and gives the skin a beautiful, polished look that looks natural.  

Today, I'll be doing a review on probably their newest (which is not really new since this has been out for months) liquid foundation.  I was able to see its magic during the Shiseido Makeup Workshop last year and since then, all I wanted was to get my hands on it.  I talked nonstop to Mom about how good it is, and so she got one for herself...and for me too!
^_^



Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation

An antiaging foundation with innovative light technology to eliminate shadows and give skin a radiant, youthful glow.  Radiance Reflecting Powder provides a soft-focus effect and luminosity for a more youthful, lifted appearance for up to 12 hours and a rich moisturizing effect for up to 24 hours.  It has smooth wrap oil, hydroxyproline and rose apple extract to provide abundant moisture and counteract the appearance of wrinkles and firm the look of skin.




My shade is Natural Light Ochre O20

As you would notice, the foundation shades in Shiseido starts with I, O, B or D.  It means I  for Ivory, O for Ochre, B for Beige and D for Deep.   




It comes with an efficient pump that helps you control the amount of product to dispense.  If you're not pressing on the pump, there's this sort of thing that blocks the opening of the dispenser mouth.  So no need to worry about spillage at all.





Consistency is creamy, but lightweight.




Coverage is medium to full



Now, let's see it work its magic on my face:



bare skin



after a layer of the foundation using the Shiseido Foundation Brush




After another layer of the foundation.  Take note I didn't use a separate concealer on my under eyes and blemishes.  If you want a dewy finish, you can leave it as it is.  If set with a light dusting of powder, it still gives off a glowing, luminous effect.


After applying the foundation, I would proceed on applying my eye makeup which would usually take 10-15 minutes then set the foundation with a light dusting of powder.  In this photo below, I used my Makeup Factory Compact Powder.




What I like:
Lightweight packaging that comes with an efficient pump
It has SPF.  But if it's too hot outside, I apply a separate sunblock prior to applying this
No need to apply a primer.  This foundation lasts the whole day!
Easy to apply.  I find it a lot easier to apply with a brush than with fingers
Provides medium to full coverage, so no need for a separate concealer
Feels light on the skin even if applied in layers
Blurs skin imperfections and doesn't settle into fine lines
Gives skin a radiant, healthy glow without looking oily
I find that I am less oily whenever I use this, and no need to retouch with a powder
A little goes a long way, so I'm sure this would last me 4 - 5 months even it I use this everyday
Photo-friendly


What I don't like:
Not that I don't like, but I just wish it comes with at least SPF 30
You don't get to see how much product is left
Pretty expensive for the price of Php2350.  But with its anti-aging properties, it's like applying skincare plus makeup at the same time.




I can't vouch for its lifting properties, but I can really say that my skin looks great whenever I use it.  It looks hydrated and it doesn't look like I haven't had a decent sleep for days, right!?

Since this is hydrating, I thought it would only work for those with normal or dry skins.  I have a very oily skin and it works for me. So yeah, it's always a lot better to check it out for yourself.  
^_^


Happy Friday, everyone!
Stay safe and dry!



Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I LOVE this product too - and I'm an O20 like you.

I use a separate sunscreen underneath it though...

Rochelle Rivera said...

I would love to try that. I want to hear about your product review.

Much love,
Rochelle Rivera
www.rochellerivera.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...