Thursday, October 6, 2011

Product Review: The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


Here's a review of the stuff I recently got from mom during my short weekend stay at home. It's funny that whenever I go home, we'd be doing this sort of exchange gift...I bring stuff that I don't get to use that much and she'd give me hers. One thing she knows that I need the most when it comes to skincare is an eye makeup remover.
^_^


The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Non-oily cleanser that removes makeup in seconds while conditioning the lashes and lids.

Gently removes eye makeup
Leaves lashes and lids clean
Light and soothing
Fragrance and color-free

I love that it comes in a plastic bottle as I tend to drop things a lot!
Though it would be a lot better if this would come in a smaller bottle. At 250ml, it tends to occupy a big space in my kit when I travel.

I love the scent, it's soothing indeed.

my eye makeup
(mostly waterproof)


I use 3-4 drops on a cotton and place the pad on my eye area (eyes closed, of course! LOL) and leave it there for a few second then I gently sweep the cotton downward to remove makeup.

My issue is, it would take a few more attempts to totally remove makeup most especially the waterproof mascara. It wasn't able to remove my mascara in seconds, as it claims. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to give a clearer shot of my lashes after using it, but there's still mascara on it. I had to use another eye makeup remover to totally take it off.

It works but not as good as what it claims when it comes to removing makeup. It leaves the eye area moisturized, which is a plus and contrary to other reviews I've read, it didn't sting my eyes.

I think I'll still use this when I'm not wearing waterproof mascara or liner. Or if ever I'm using anything waterproof, I'll use my other brand first and then finish it off with this. But that would mean doubling the budget for my eye makeup remover! LOL.

Priced at Php450 for a 250ml, this would probably last 2 months or more.

Will I buy again? No. I'd rather buy other brands that would certainly remove my makeup quickly. But if mom would give me one again (ehem) I'd certainly not refuse.
^_^


4 comments:

Gellie Abogado said...

For removing makeup I use the HumanHeartNature Sunflower oil. It works well for me :)

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

I sometimes use baby oil to remove my make up hehe

xoxo
MrsMartinez

SunnyToast said...

Oh I'm so cheap I'm using petroleum jelly:)


But thanks for the review and for sharing this info:)

rain said...

There are other creams that you can also use. They're gentle but effective as well.

eye test

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...