Monday, December 17, 2012

Product Review: Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara (Waterproof)




Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara

 A volumizing waterproof (for Waterproof Type) or water resistant (for Film Type) mascara; contains Volume Up Powder, Wax and Fiber that provides a strong curl that lasts all day.  Waterproof is also sweat and tear proof, good for marine sports. Film type is water resistant.





don't you love the packaging? 
^_^




This mascara has a unique brush, called the "3 Teardrop" wand.  
So, what makes it unique?


  •  The 3 teardrop brush catches even the tiniest lashes from the roots and lashes are bitten between the balls and sharp triangular bunches are made.
  • Thick at the bottom of the lashes and sharp at the ends of the lashes= DOLL like lashes!!!
  • It pushes the lashes up thus, making all-day beautiful curls and without clump.

Here's an easy-to-understand illustration on the product's packaging:





Let's see if this mascara is really good.  I've been reading a lot of good things about it for months and finally, I was given a chance to try it.  Thanks to Cheryl of BeautyBox Corp!
^_^



there goes my bare lashes.  I wasn't able to take a picture after curling it, though.

How to use:

I start at the base of my lashes that are on the innermost, then wiggle the wand on its way up.

I do the same on the lashes on the other side


and here's the result after just one coat:





What I Like:
the packaging
the shape of the wand makes it easier to get into all corners of the eye ensuring every single lash is covered
I like it's consistency: thick, clay-like that's a little dry so it doesn't weigh the curl down
It dries quickly
Lightweight
No smudging, no flaking
Waterproof!  There's another variant which is water-resistant.  I haven't tried that though so I really can't say if it's indeed water-resistant.
It has fibers that really helps in volumizing and making your lashes look longer
It curls the lashes a bit even without using a lash curler.  But I prefer curling my lashes first,  as I am always for sky-high lashes!
I love using it on my lower lashes, makes them look more defined and extra-long


What I Don't Like:
tends to clump if you don't apply it correctly. so make sure you apply starting from the base, then wiggle the wand on its way up.  If you want another coat, make sure to do it quickly as this dries up quick
For a price of Php950, it's a bit expensive.  
Can be time-consuming to remove for those who aren't used to using waterproof mascara.  I use my trusty ponds cold cream, and it does the job..so I am not complaining!

So what do you think? Is this mascara worth it?

To know more about Fairydrops and their other products available, please like their Facebook page here.


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Nice no? Super like ko yung wand niya! super cute!!! :D

Chrissy said...

Gusto ko yung wand! Kaso sayang na nagcclump sya. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...