Friday, December 21, 2012

Product Review: Tarte Clean Slate Flawless Brightening Primer

For someone who doesn't get to sleep for more than 4hrs a day (like me!), having dull skin is a usual thing. But of course, you don't need to suck it up! Here's one product that has been helping me achieve that bright, fresh-looking skin despite the lack of sleep...


Tarte Clean Slate Flawless Brightening Primer

A waterproof, 12-hour primer helps makeup stay in place longer while brightening skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.  

This  hydrating base not only helps keep your makeup in place for up to 12 hours of perfect wear time, it's also a quick fix for tired or sallow skin—just one application gives the appearance of a healthy, youthful complexion. The lightweight texture is ideal for a base under foundation to wake-up your makeup but can also be worn alone as a treatment to counteract dullness. Whichever application you choose, skin is left smooth, feeling hydrated and looking flawless.  

It has Vitamins A and E, natural preservatives that also act as anti-inflammatory emollients to fight free radical damage and prevent premature signs of aging while brightening skin.


I've been using it almost everyday since I got it months ago and have also used it on some of my clients, mostly those with matured, dry skin...and all of us have only one thing to say about it...LOVE! 






The packaging is lightweight, portable and comes in an easy-to-squeeze tube



It comes off first as a shimmery white lotion...


that when you try blending, becomes a sheer, purplish-pink in color


but gets absorbed by the skin quickly, without any noticeable shimmer


What I Like:
The smell. It's kinda citrusy, very refreshing that I look forward to putting it on every morning before my makeup.
Lightweight and hygienic packaging that really lets you control the amount of product you get from the tube
It goes on smoothly, and gets blended on the skin easily
Really helps in brightening up the face, making it look hydrated, fresh and looking well-rested (which is a must for ME!)
It has anti-aging properties...yey!
Despite the light consistency, it has silicon, but it's not thick or heavy on the skin
No allergic reactions
Gives skin the soft-focus look without any shine, therefore looking flawless and more even
Can also be used on the undereye area to help with the discoloration, so you don't need as much concealer after
I know it's supposed to be hydrating, but it does help keep my oiliness at bay.  I think my face can look oil-free (dewy, yes) for a good 3-4hrs.


What I don't Like: 
Well, it's addicting.  I just love its citrusy scent that I end up putting on more. (laughs)
It's kinda expensive at Php1450 for a 30ml tube.  But you only need a little, so I'm sure this tube will last 3-4 months (or more) even if used everyday.
It doesn't have SPF, which I really don't mind.  I put on sunblock first before primer and most of my foundations/powders have SPF anyway.


By the way, it has "Berry Bright," that delivers natural arbutin which helps to inhibit skin pigmentation.  So your skin will really brighten up, and look more even after some time.




Now, do I look puyat at all to you?
(just don't mind the eyebags, please)
^_^


Tarte is not available locally, but you can buy this, and other Tarte products (and more!) from StuffinStyle.  Check them out, they also have an ongoing holiday sale!


Have you tried this?  Or might have tried other Tarte products that you think is worth checking out?  Lemme know!


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww u look so nice as always. u look much skinnier here. may i request for a nose contour post?

beautyholygrail.blogspot.com

Crystal Gale said...

Jheng, have you tried the poreless variant too? I think that one was meant for oily skin. I am loving their TM coz it keeps oilies at bay for hours without primer :)

Iambrigitte said...

hi Miz Eloise, thanks :) hmm lemme try to do it soon! skinnier? yey hahaha been trying to lose weight, but im not sure if i can maintain that with all the kainan this holiday season!

Crystal Gale wow, talaga it's good? i wanna try that next. thanks for the reco!

merry christmas mga sis :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...