Saturday, January 2, 2010

Product Review: L'oreal Gentle Lip and Eye Makeup Remover

when i ran out of my MAC cleansing oil which i use to remove my eye makeup, i was wondering what to buy next. i love MAC but i want to hold myself back from buying expensive stuff for this year and look for alternatives that won't burn a hole in my wallet.

then an angel might have heard me from above and made me see this during one of my visits at Watsons MOA last year:

A unique formula enriched with Pro-Vitamin, L'oreal Gentle Lip and Eye Make-Up Remover, gently yet thoroughly removes all traces of make-up, even waterproof.
Its refreshing and non-irritant formula is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.


i've been seeing this for quite sometime actually, but didn't bother to pick one for myself. don't get me wrong, i am not brand conscious...its just that i prefer MAC to remove my makeup (most esp. MAC). now that i got one for myself, i must say desperate times call for wiser moves..hahaha!

hygienic and spill-proof

now, i put this to a test:

wearing Prestige's ultimate liner, MAC e/s (HK Too Dolly shades), Majorlica Majorca Lash Expander

i made sure that i am wearing stubborn waterproof makeup!

i pour some of the remover on a cotton pad...

press the cotton gently on my closed eyes (making sure that my lashes are upwards) and let it sit there for a minute or two. i then wipe my eyes gently to remove any left residue, but most of the time i don't need to.

and then...

VOILA!
as you can see, most of the eyemakeup has been removed. sometimes, a bit of liner stays on but another gently wipe would easily remove it.


see the markings of my lashes? i make sure that my lashes are facing up, easier for me to get rid of that stubborn (but great) Lash Expander mascara.

what i love:
  • cheap, less than Php400 for a 125ml bottle (as compared with my MAC)
  • doesn't sting
  • doesn't leave me with blurry eyes which i always get fromoil cleansers
  • no oily residue...well, it does feel a bit oily but i can live with it. besides, i still use a separate face makeup remover then wipe it with my trusted wet wipes to finally remove all traces of makeup from my face. (yeah, i am that OC!)
  • no added fragrance
  • easily removes my stubborn eyemakeup

what i hate:

  • ugh..nothing!

I haven't tried using it on my lips though since i am dont wear lipstick that much. but i'll probably try this one of these days with my L'oreal Infallible lipstick...so watch out for an update :)

(sorry for the messed up collage...2nd pic should be the 1st one on the frame, LOL!)

TIPS:

  • be gently in wiping your eyes to remove makeup...when using this, pour an ample amount on a cotton pad then gently press it on your eyes to moisten the stubborn makeup. then be more gentle when wiping your eyes to remove any residue.
  • you can moisten a cotton bud to remove liners from the lashlines...but remember, BE GENTLE!
  • cleanser is divided into blue and hazy colorless liquids. make sure to shake the bottle well before using :)

so, will i buy again?

i just did...for backup!

now tell me, what's your HG eye makeup remover?


7 comments:

Cristina. said...

i need this!

♥Pauchichi♥ said...

im one dedicated user of this remover lol.. :)

BIANCA: said...

i also got this make up remover based on a comparison between this and lancome's bifacil by askmewhats! really great!

etude house has something similar...one specifically for mascara and another for eye make up which are both under 200 php!

Nitrile Gloves said...

Revlon is a very trusted name and unlike MAC in the reach of most people.I love to place the wet tissue on my face at the end of the day to remove the make up and get free from tired look.

wet wipes

Unknown said...

How much po bili mo nito sa Watsons MOA?
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Iambrigitte said...

hi pauline! geesh, i can't remember na. but i think this little bottle is less than Php200

Unknown said...

Hi Miss Brigitte, thanks! Sana Php 200 parin ngayon. Hihihi! XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...