Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara

Pulse Perfection by Define-A-Lash Vibrating Mascara

It’s our first vibrating mascara. Transforms your lashes to perfection.
Patent-pending elastomer brush vibrates 7,000 times per stroke
Provides clump-free definition, intense color, and shine
Waterproof; also available in washable formula
Builds lash volume, length, and adds curl
Buildable formula
Ideal for All Skin Types
Contact lens
safe

How to use:

Step 1: On the mascara cap, pull plastic tab to remove it completely, then discard.

Step 2: Press the button to activate pulsation. Release the button to stop.

Step 3: While pressing the button, place brush at base of lashes and move slowly towards lash tip. Continue applying coats to achieve preferred lash look.

Step 4: Repeat for lower lashes

*image and description from Maybelline website

first, there was Lancome Oscillation...now comes Maybelline Vibrating mascara!

I know this isn't available locally yet, thanks to Ate Gracie for sending me this to try.

must remove the plastic strip that's connected to the battery so you can start using it

push that button to start coating your lashes without the "wiggling."


the wand


before and after shots

"where did my curls go???"

what i love:

  • intense black color in just one coat
  • easy to remove...well, i got the non-waterproof formulation

what i hate:

  • weighs down my curls
  • smudges
  • doesn't give that volumizing or lengthening effect
  • expensive, priced at almost $15
  • it clumps!

to avoid losing my curls, i first primed my lashes with my Shiseido Lash base then applied 2 coats of this mascara...and my curls did stay!

but...

smudges galore at midday!

will i purchase?

NO. A total waste of money, IMHO. Some may have liked this mascara, but not me. Sure, i can do something so my curls would stay...but do i really need to take that extra step? And i hate smudges (i forgot to apply the lash primer on my lower lashes though)! I had to re-apply my undereye concealer at midday just to get rid of those icky panda eyes.

sorry, but this product just didn't work for me.

tata!

8 comments:

Claudia Lawrence said...

hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, I appreciate ur work & wanna suggest u to go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website called Blogerzoom.com They are offering very unique features at affordable prices. the team of blogerzoom will promote ur blog through all over the network , all u have to do is choose a pack plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every networks and see how u enjoy a lot of traffic plus good earnings from ur blog.

K said...

hay na ko may spammer pa.. hehe
--
sis sabay pa tayo nag bloog about mascara

muntik ko na din try tong pulse perfection pero nanghihinayan gako namahal sya dahil sa may battery

thanks for the review.. I wont try this na hehe :)

try mo imju fiberwig! HG material

AskMeWhats said...

thanks for the review, grabe! your curls are gone on the after photo! hehehe probably heavy on your lashes :)

Miss Shopcoholic said...

ay sayang, it weighs down the lashes! ang mahal pa naman..

Christy said...

oh thanks for the review! i've always wondered about this product..

Isabeau Jane said...

oooh looks tempting but come to think of it wiggling the wand is better.. nice info!

The ViXeN's LaiR

Crystal said...

aww sayang it's not so good pala.

Mischievous Mack said...

I hated this mascara!!!! I don't get why its so bad...
It so flaked and smudged on me :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...