Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Product Review: Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation...

For somebody who has a lot to cover like blemishes and other skin imperfections, a full-coverage foundation is a must. But most full-coverage foundations are too heavy and can be cakey.  If you think it's not possible to find a good full-coverage foundation that still feels light on the skin, you are wrong.  I used to think so too...until I tried Vichy Dermablend.


Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation
A smooth blendable texture that glides on evenly leaving the skin with a natural, lightweight flawless finish. Recommended for minor to moderate skin imperfections such as redness, acne scars and pigmentation disorders. Moisturizing all day long. With the soothing properties of Vichy Thermal Water. 12 hours of long-lasting flawless wear (16 hours with Setting Powder)

It's non-comedogenic, oil-free and paraben-free.



It comes in an easy-squeeze tube, perfect for travels and for people who has a fondness with dropping stuff.
(rolls eyes)


I got the shade in Opal, which I think is the lightest:





and here's how it looks like when blended:

As you can see, it was able to cover even the lines at the back of my hand, making it look a lot smoother. 

Now let's try it on my face:

(my makeup-free face saying "Hello, world!")

Take note that I have nothing on my face except for the Obagi sunblock.  I intentionally skipped applying a primer so I can test if this foundation would really last long.

And here's after a layer of Vichy:



Most of the redness have been covered with just one layer.  Of course, there's still a lot to cover..so what I do is I dab more product on the blemished spot and continue to dab and blend over the surrounding skin.

I've tried applying it using a brush and a sponge, but I found that it works best when I'm just using my fingers. 


And here's after another layer:




Opal's a tad lighter on me but I don't think Nude is a better match. I'd rather get something lighter and set it with a darker powder instead of the other way around. The good thing about this foundation is that once it sets, it sorts of blend with my skin.  Or probably that's because I'm acidic?


And here's how it looks like when set:
(I've used Revlon Age-Defying compact powder)






What I like:
It's a full-coverage foundation that feels light on the skin and is not cakey.  Make sure to apply in thin layers, if you need more coverage.  
I've been using it for weeks and I didn't get any allergic reactions, no breakouts either
No need to use a different concealer, though I still use a different concealer for my undereye area
It comes in a travel-friendly, easy-to-squeeze tube
Easy to apply, glides on smoothly and blends easily.  If for some reason you find it hard to blend using your fingers (probably because of a primer), rub your fingers together then blend.  The warmth of your skin will make it a lot easier.
Stays put for hours even after an 8-hr wear (with no primer underneath).  It doesn't look as good as when I first applied it, but still looks pretty decent. I got oily after 2 hours but it's nothing that a good oil blotting sheet can't take care of.
A little goes a long way, so I'm sure this small tube will last for months even when used everyday.  That makes its price of Php1390, worth it.


What I don't like:
It tends to highlight dry, flaky skin so make sure to moisturize first..exfoliate, if needed.
Shades are limited
It has some weird scent (plastic-like), but it goes away after a few minutes
No SPF


Overall, I really like this product and I will surely re-purchase when I run out. This is available at Digitaltraincase, which is by the way has a new shopping site.  Check it out here.

Tata!

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...