Monday, September 7, 2015

The 30-Day Writing My Life Challenge - Day 7: A Neighbor

I met him when we were still living in a low-rise building somewhere in Espana, near UST sometime in 2001. We  met when I was rushing down the stairs crying after having a huge fight with my boyfriend.  I was crying so hard I didn't see somebody coming towards me. I bumped into him and when he asked me if I was okay, I looked up and just cried even more.  He led me downstairs where we sat and there he tried to console me.

When I stopped crying, he introduced himself and he said he's playing basketball in one of the universities in Manila. He said he wanted to be a famous PBA player someday.  When he mentioned his last name, I asked him if he's related to a famous PBA player back then. We became friends since then and whenever we'd see each other in the building, we sit down for a bit and exchange stories. He's a nice guy, a gentleman and I was really able to see his passion with his craft.  I told him that someday he will be famous, and that hopefully when that day comes, he will still get to remember me.  

In some unfortunate turn of events, we stopped being friends.  He came to see me in Bataan and I was surprised.  He didn't know exactly where I live so he just sent me a message asking me to see him and that he's waiting in Jollibee. Hahaha, Jollibee talaga.  I wanted to come, but I didn't.  I was scared. My relationship status at that time was so complicated and I didn't want him to be involved.  So I ignored his calls and messages.  

After that, whenever I would see him in the building, he had his head down. He was trying to avoid me obviously.  I didn't get the courage to talk to him about what happened. So for quite sometime, we just continued ignoring each other. Then we moved to another place and never got to see him again.

Fast forward to sometime in 2011 or 2012, I saw his face on a billboard along Edsa.  I was so shocked to see him. Sikat na siya!  And yes, he became a PBA player.  I was a Ginebra fan, so when they stopped playing, I also stopped watching the PBA. So I never knew he got in and got a name for himself.

Looking back, nakakatuwa lang isipin that I got to know this sikat guy. He was my neighbor.  I'm happy for him.  I hope that he was able to forgive me for ignoring him.  I didn't mean to. I just didn't want things to become complicated even more that time.  I'm pretty sure he does not remember me anymore.  But if he does, sana makapagpa-fansign ako.

Congrats, Gilas Pilipinas!
^_^
Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

3 comments:

shoutingwind said...

sino toooooo????!!!

Arra said...

like you know what? haha ang conyo lang? wiling wili ako mag basa! ang saya nitong writing challenge na to!

Iambrigitte said...

da hu! hahaha shoutingwind

heheh thanks for reading Arra J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...