Thursday, April 3, 2008

my April Fools' Day look...

oh well...so how did i celebrate (that is, if we do celebrate) April Fools' Day? Hmmm...i tried to fool myself by trying to convince myself and other people that my foundation suits me. wehhehh...

oh well, i finally gave up and admitted that my shade in MAC Studio Fix is not NC15!!!


I know that i should've waited for new stocks of NC20 or probably visited another MAC counter rather than insisting that i indeed got a good match of what's readily available at the time i tried it. you know how bad i need the virtue of Patience...i admit that I'm such a compulsive buyer that i sometime (or most of the time) end up with the wrong shade of this and that. boo-hhoo...

anyways, i tried to mix it with another foundation shade...i thought it turned out pretty well until i saw these photos which helped me realize that i was such a loser in trying to be an NC15 in MAC. (LOL...trying to be a mestisa here!)

maybe i'd be able to find something that will tone down this shade but i don't have any other MAC foundation and i'm not at ease with mixing it with another brand so i guess, i just need to get myself the right shade. and this time, i ought to make it right!

(but i'm on a no buy...wth, now that's the problem! waaah)

sniff.

oh well...'nuff with the drama. here's my EOTN/FOTN:

used: Modelco Brow kit in Dark, UDPP, She Space pigment in Driven by Instinct on the inner lid, She Space pigment in Vally Girl on the outer lid and crease, She Space pigment in Stolen Breathe under the brow bones to highlight, L'oreal Lash Architect mascara in Black and Shu Uemura pro concealer on the undereyes topped with OM Saffron Concealer


too white...ashy? wrong shade! :(

used: Smashbox PhotoFinish Light, MAC Studio Fix in NC15 mixed with a bit of The Face Shop Blemish Balm, The Face Shop blush in Pastel Pink, Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon topped with MAC gellee in Dewy Jube

What do you think?

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

hi sis, I don't think it's ashy, but it is indeed a bit fairer than your usual look, but maybe...because of the flash? So far , its not really bad at all! nice EOTD! Hey, are you allowed to wear eye make up na? hahahah I sound like your mom..or derma! hehehe

Liz said...

i guess it's because of the flash.. but even if it isn't, well.. we all make mistakes.. hehe.

Iambrigitte said...

i dunno if it's because of the flash...im used to having my face lighter than my neck right after applying my foundation but after sometime it sinks in to my skin and they will become even, but with MAC hmm i really dunno.

sis nikki, hahah you sound like my derma :P well i'm sure she havent visited my blog yet because if she has, i'd get a call or text from her. so far, wala pa naman.

sis liz, yep we all make mistakes...yun nga lang paulit ulit ako. hhaahaha

Shen said...

i don't think its ashy too. isa lang solution jan... gluta! :) lol! love the eotd. as usual, you've outdone yourself here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...