Saturday, April 26, 2008

on Iheartminerals...

More than a week ago, i got these free mineral samples from a fellow Gtalker Marie who started her venture on creating her own mineral makeup line. As soon as i got them, i fell inlove with her eyeshadows at once. Well, i am such a sucker for mmu e/s! :) I immediately tried her foundations too and thought that Matte 3 is my exact shade, but mom noticed that it went dark on me. I have other samples left so i know i'd be able to find my match. and i did!

Anyways, here are the swatches of what i got:

1st set of Iheartminerals foundations


2nd set of Iheartminerals foundations


Eyeshadows (some doesn't have a name yet)

Note: Per set has two pics: Top pics taken with flash and Bottom pics taken without flash

When i was doing the swatches, i had a hard time with the foundations. I though they are kinda chalky and hard to blend...but like any other MMU addicts out there who believe in the virtue of patience in finding great mmu brands, i immediately reached out for my mmu foundation brush (italian badger buffer brush) and did the swirl, tap and buff thing...and whoa! i was so wrong in thinking that her foundations are chalky. Coverage is medium to heavy and i would say best when applied wet. So i applied it wet at first and then dry. Definitely, Marie (owner of Iheartminerals) has a promising mmu line!

So here are my pictures wearing the foundation and e/s from this new brand:

used: UDPP all over lid, Iheartminerals e/s in Respect on the inner half of the lid, Iheartminerals e/s in Beau on the outer half, outer-V and outer crease, L'oreal Lash Architect in Black and Modelco Brow kit in Dark


used: Monistat Anti-chafing gel as primer, Cinema Secrets concealer on the undereyes, side of the nose and blemishes, Iheartminerals foundation in Matte 1, MEOW blush in Tickled Pink, Australian brand lipstick in Party Pink topped with MAC lipglass in 2N and Blusche Finishing Powder in Phoebe.

and me after my shift:

excuse the blemishes on my face...ack! Probably i should have used a separate mmu concealer on top of my cinema secrets. Marie informed me that she'll come up with concealers, primers (she already have one) and finishers so that's again something to watch out for.

I believe this brand is promising. A lot of women (including me) would love to have a good mmu line that's available locally...that means more affordable since shipping won't be that costly.

Marie is yet to come up with more shades for her mmu line...who knows, you might be lucky like me to be given a chance to test it free. :)


6 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

ohh sis jheng, the color payoff is really really really good... I would be interested to go back to MMU but I kinda stopped eh hehehe

Iambrigitte said...

well, you are doing great with paul and joe! nga pala, i really envy you for having started with your own portfolio. waaaha, sana ako din! hehhe

Vanessa said...

beautiful! I love that color on you!

Liz said...

oooh. i love purples!

Iambrigitte said...

thanks vanessa and liz! :)

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

the eyecolour is really gorgeous and goes on so smooth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...