Tuesday, May 13, 2008

breaking my "NO BUY" promise on a monday...

ack!

after almost (?) a month on a "no-buy" promise, i went out and went to the mall and headed straight to MAC. actually, i first went to Rustan's to get Shu's eyelash curler but it's out of stock. drat! and it's been a while since i started drooling over that 266 brush and a beauty powder blush and today i just knew i had to get them.

so here's my MAC loot...geesh, i just miss visiting that counter!
hahaha


Beauty Powder blush in True Romantic, Eye Kohl liner in Phone Number and 266 brush

honestly, i didn't try the powder blush on me at the counter...i just trusted Mhean's reco and i also see her lovely photos of her wearing it in her blog. so i just took it and was actually in doubt if it will suit me. i tried it when i got home and was surprised at how great it looks on me. Now i've proven that this shade works great on all skintones.

the 266 brush i've been lemming for months now...and last weekend, i bought the Elianto gel liner in Black. I am used to pointed eyeliner brushes but i think for gel liners, it will be better to use slanted eyeliner brushes like this one. i'm so happy that i finally got one. now, i am lemming to get MAC fluidlines...uh-oh!

as for the KOHL liner, i'm not really used to lining my waterlines. but i see how fab it looks on other people and i wanna look like that too! hehehe i'm sure my eyes would look more fierce than they already are.

all in all, i love my MAC loot. i missed getting items from that counter...i wish i can go back soon! LOL

i also went to Landmark to get myself a few stuff. i honestly don't like being on a no-buy state since i'd feel so deprived that i would tend to buy a lot when i get the chance...

AIDO eye putty, falsies, extra rubbers for my eyelash curler, VMV Ooh-La-Lash! volumizing Mascara in Black (i got two, one for mom), Nichido lipliners in Rosette and Coral Rust, Nichido lipstick in Bloom and Maybelline lipstick in Windsor Rose

swatches
(they dont really look red, noh?)

for a long time now, i've been wanting to wear red lipstick. but i just can't seem to find the right shade...either i would look like a prostitute or i'd look old. but i really wanted to wear one...mom told me that during lazy days, all you need is a red lipstick and a good pair of shades and you're good to go. in my case, i don't have both. wahahaha

anyways, i'll post pics of me wearing this red lipsticks soon...just promise me you won't laugh at me. :P

more stuffs:

papaya soaps, neutrogena sunblock for mom, hair curlers, volumizing shampoo (i badly need this one), feminine wash, "small-sized" baby bath (LOL), toothpaste (i love this variant) and oil blotting sheets.

so there...my haul which actually broke my no-buy promise. i will still try to limit my purchases, most especially now that i am gonna enroll in makeup school. i need to save, save, save!

and before going to bed, i finally found the time to put this frame on display...

i actually bought this frame months ago....but being a procrastinator that i am, i only got to accomplish it yesterday. hehehhe...this frame displays all those who are important to me...i am actually thinking of putting a picture of my makeup stash but i ran out of space. hahahhaa (kiddin!)




8 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow!!!!! I am looking forward to see your FOTD using the blush! I'm sure it looks great, sa pot pa lang it looks great! And good choice on the slanted brush, it really works with gel liner!!! And goodluck with using pencils for the waterline, I would absolutely love to see you on that!!! Sis daming falsies! I heard so much good stuffs about Aido putty...I was told by my friends it really works and comparable to expensive brand :)

And nice photos and frames love it! and sis, i know how you feel about not buying anything for months and if you did allow yourself to shop..OH NO! hahaha

Gracie said...

Gorgeous haul indeed! Ha ha ha! Trust your 'no buy promise'... at least you've lasted a month. I think I have to move away from where I live at the moment as my place is only 5-10 minutes away to the city centre...

I'm missing the PI make up shopping ha ha ha!

Gracie said...

*I meant *from sister not to! Duh!

Nica said...

that's a lot ah... =) naku namiss ko magshopping tuloy... ala pera kaya hanggang window shop nalang ako... LOL...

ano po gamet mo na pang contour?

D said...

mare!!!!d nakatiis:)) keribells lang yan no..at least uve made urself happy. I also have the Nichido liner in Rosette and nice naman siya glides smoothly naman and i saw that u also bought cucumber melon ba yun??? very refreshing ang amoy:) nice ba the primer of elianto? ill try to buy it nga:) happy happy happy!!!!:)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog :) I really appreciate it. And I'm glad that you found the camera settings for makeup post helpful.

Nice hauling you did! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beauty Powder Blushes. So much, I bought ALL of them :X Hah.

Anyhow I hope you have a great day. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope to hear from you more often :)

jing said...

I really really need to visit mac soon for one of those blushes before they're totally sold out. These days I'm always getting to the counter waaaaay late after their release. WHat's an Aido Eye putty? I wonder how great 266 is in action. I actually need a lot of eyeliner brushes because I don't wash mine right away. So I always get cheap ones, which I just realized to suck cos I found a nice and cheap brush that creates lines so thinly and precisely!

Anonymous said...

wow fantabulous haul! ;) see, i'm a good enabler haha! i love BPB True Romantic on yah - you look ready for romance haha! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...