Thursday, May 8, 2008

my ellana FOTN....

i was on vacation for almost a week, and one thing that i missed is putting on makeup. when i'm at home, i try to rest my face by putting less makeup (how i wish i can really go out without it, though!). so when i got back, i was so excited to do my entire makeup routine again. i must admit, i already forgot how to blend...and how to take nice pictures. so sorry for the quality of pictures...i was literally hitting my head with my camera because i can't seem to get steady pictures. all i got are blurred ones...

(sniff)

so, here's another green and yellow look:

used: Modelco brow kit in Dark, UDPP all over lid, Taylormade minerals e/s in Bone applied wet on the inner half of the lid, Taylormade minerals e/s in Marine applied wet on the outer half of the lid, Nichido e/s in Gold Foil applied under the brow bones to highlight and Covergirl VolumeExact Mascara in Black Brown


again i tried my luck in foiling my mineral e/s using the home-made mixing medium. i must say it did great since my e/s did stay the whole night. i followed Christiana's advice to pack the color first when applying it wet, then wait it to dry then top it with another application but this time, apply it dry. but i really feel my eye area tightening and itching the entire night. my undereyes feel so dry, and looked dry as well. i dunno, but i am sure this is because of the mixing medium. (sigh) i'm gonna try using just water but this time, i'll again make use of christiana's tip. i'll update you ladies...wish me luck! :)

and here's my FOTN using the Ellana sample i got from SHEN:

used: Smashbox Photofinish primer light, Cinema Secrets concealer on the blemishes, sides of the nose and on the undereyes topped with OM Saffron concealer, Ellana foundation in French Vanilla topped with Espresso Con Panna finishing powder, BareNaturals blush in Doll Face, MAC Accentuate and Sculpt to contour nose and In2it lipstick in zip

again, sorry for the poor quality of pics. i really need to get the hang of taking pics again...and of course, applying makeup. overall, i love the finish of Ellana...i did feel some slight itching, but i'm gonna try this again. it might be because of the primer underneath (might not work with Ellana, not sure though). but i think i got my shade in ellana and that is French Vanilla. watch out for another review soon!

and yep, excuse my undereyes...they look terrible, i know. i am having tons of lines under my eyes already...waaahhhhh!


6 comments:

Gracie said...

Oh no, Jheng! You've got nothing to worry about the whole thing. Fabulous FOTD indeed! I love this EMU really good and I'll try and have a go at it one day. I love it! love it! love it!

AskMeWhats said...

sis! You're back with a "glamour" vengeance..super LOVELY!!!! You didn't forget how to blend, you did very very well with it!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats on foiling your e/s at last! ;) if water ruins the color, try contact lens solution sis. btw, nice finish ng foundie mo sis! u loving Ellana too? just got mine and i love it din although Joppa is still my first love hehe. buti you got your shade na! me i think Cinnamon Spice Latte is a bit muddy on me, i might try Chai Tea Latte as reco by a reader. but i love Ellana's coverage, do you as well? btw wb to the FOTD world! :D

Liz said...

wow, sis.. this is very nice!

Shen said...

nag-contour ka noh?? so fab! :) i'm glad you're loving ellana. :) its my HG. i'm loving the hauls from you.. :) i'll post them soon.

why can't i do blues and greens like you do? teacher, pa-teach! :)

miss your posts sis. :) keep it coming! :)

Iambrigitte said...

thanks lovelies! im really enjoying applying my pigments wet, evian lang pala ang solution! hehhehe

shen, i just saw your green/blue eotd and it's great. loka..paturo ka jan. you are doing a great job no. pero cge turuan kita pag nakatapos na ako sa mokap school..which reminds me, if i would need models baka pede kayo? :D pretty pleeaseee?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...