Friday, May 23, 2008

trying out my new e/s palette and MAC fluidline...

right after makeup shopping, lunch and a movie with X (where i slept almost the entire movie), we went home and had some sleep. i was too tired and too sleepy but i still have to come in to work and meet a friend first.

i remember buying this 4u2 palette i got for 50% off last week (during my makeup shopping with Sophie and Leslie) and i thought of trying it out. the colors are great but i want to test its color payoff.

EYES:
UDPP
4U2 e/s (light blue) on the inner half of the lid, just below the crease
4U2 e/s (darker blue) on the inner contour of the lid
4U2 e/s (light yellow) under the brow bones
Elianto e/s (dark blue) on the outer-V
MAC f/l in BlackTrack on the upper lash lines
Modelco Brow kit in Dark topped with MAC brow gel in Boy Girl
VMV Oh-La-Lash Mascara in Black
MAC Technakohl in Phone Number on the waterlines

as you will noticed, i totally messed up my fluidline application. i was too excited to apply it that i took out some of it as i re-apply. i should have waited for some seconds before applying another layer. i also found it hard to apply using my MAC 266 (ack, i need to bang my head real hard!) but i will continue to practice!

as for the 4U2 e/s, i love the color payoff. as for the staying power, i can't say it passed since i'm always using UDPP when i wear eyeshadows. but this product is really a good buy. originally priced at almost 2k, i got it for half the price. not bad for 8 shades! there are 2 more palettes available but i have my eyes fixed on other items at that time.

:)



10 comments:

Nica said...

nice naman ng e/s pero mahal ah... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

oh hey! i have two of those 4u2 palettes, Impressionist and Modernist (I think). I bought them some months ago and I have to say, the color combinations are endless. 2k for two of palettes is definitely worth it, if only for the gorgeous colors alone.

as for staying power, i'd have to say that the eyeshadow has a tendency to "stick", i mean, its rather hard to remove if you just rub it or wet it. also, the color is buildable. so yay!

thanks for your eotd, i think you have the palette i don't have yet and i've always wanted to see it on someone. thanks again!

AskMeWhats said...

Hi sis, sooo funny Jheng!! Coz when I look at the "mess up fluidline" that you're saying, it wasn't as bad a the first time I put on gel liner! hahaha I know you'll do better..and thanks for the review on the 4U2 shadow..big help :) If it doesn't stay, i think i'll give it a pass

Iambrigitte said...

sis nicacheck mo watsons baka its on sale pa. i was really trying to look for good mac alternatives pagdating sa e/s eh. i want NYX! NYX!

hi sis liz i'll try to use it without UDPP to test its staying power. but my lids are so oily that even mac creases on me. ah-huh! honest! thanks for visiting my site too..mind if i link u up?

nikkiwill let u know about its staying power without UDPP. i like the colors so vibrant..so loud..so jhengky!? hahahha...

Nica said...

naku GO ka na sa nyx at may magbibitbit na for us... hehehe

AskMeWhats said...

hahahha GOod one!!! so JHENGKY!!! I like that, so everytime I find an e/s very vibrant, I'll say "it's sooo jhengky" hahaha :) So true, NYX e/s payoff is really good and it stays, but haven't tried without UDPP pa for now :) I have to give it a try without UDPP :) and see how it goes.

Gracie said...

I love love love this EMU sis! I really love dark E/S specially on winter

Iambrigitte said...

nica hay grabe i want NYX nga. NYXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

sis nikkinice ba talga color payoff? grabe andaming colors..sana may agnun dito kasi

thanks gracie muaahz

Tracy Roa said...

i really like the colors you used. my liner probably looked the same as yours when i first used my gel liner. haha.

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks. i linked you in my beauty blog at http://projectvanity.i.ph

^_^ good luck on makeup school! no, scrap that, you don't need luck. you're talented. you can do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...