Saturday, June 27, 2009

Product Review: MakeUp Forever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

What it is: A waterproof eyebrow defining cream in a tube.

What it is formulated to do: Fills, defines, and intensifies brows with natural-looking, stay-put color.

What else you need to know: The result remains flawless throughout the day and holds up under all conditions (water, heat, etc).

Size: 0.16 oz

Use very sparingly. Apply then blend with slanted Eyebrow Brush to obtain a very natural line. For very precise corrections, use a very fine-tipped brush, such as Eyeliner Brush.

Professional Tips: To change the color of your lashes, brush them with a mascara brush or lash comb soaked in Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector. It is also perfect for coloring graying sideburns and moustaches.

For quite a long time now, i've been using my HG brow gel from MAC...MAC brow set in Girl Boy. I use it on top of my brow powder...and it does give me that light brown color on my brows which is near to my hair color. But the extra time to line my brows using a brow powder and then topping it off with my brow set takes up time to do. So, if i can find a way to do both would be great. :)

I first heard about this corrector from Sophie and since then, i've wanted to get my hands on this product. Good thing Jamie offered to get this for me at a discounted price...woot! And eversince i started using this, there's no going back to my usual brow routine.

what i love:
  • easy to use. I use this either with my Suesh angled liner brush or my MAC 266 brush. For starters, this may take a bit of practice before getting the breeze of using it. you have to wipe it off immediately just in case you got it wrong for it dries up easily. and once it dries, you would have to use a makeup remover :)
  • stays put the whole day! this is waterproof and sweatproof. i had the mistake of scratching my brows the other day and i nearly cried when i remembered about my brows. i got my mirror and checked it..it's still on! WHEW
  • a little goes a long way. All you need is a small amount (check Swatch 1 on my pics above) for one brow. This tube would last me months, even when used everyday!
  • Reasonable priced. It sells for Php1100++ and though it's more expensive than my MAC brow set, i won't need to use any brow powder anymore. the price of the brow set plus my brow powder would cost me almost P2000. so this one is really cost-efficient!
  • no allergies. i've used some brow mascaras before and it did give me some itching on my brows.
  • no funky smell.
  • gives me natural looking brows...hmm, at least close to my hair color.

what i hate:
NOTHING!

I'll be getting the other shades so i can use it on my clients too. This is really nice for those who wants to make sure that they dont lose their brows while they are out :)

8 comments:

Kay said...

nice review!

I've been looking for a more detailed review of this product and now i found it! :)

would u mind sharing what shade u are using on the pic? i think that's the shade i want..

i love your blog btw.. :) been a lurker for a long time..thanks :)

Tara Cabullo said...

Seems like this is something I need! :) Great review, sis. As always :)

Crissy said...

Ah I must get this! I've been looking for something like this. What kind of color would you suggest for black brows though? I was told a few shades lighter but "brown" stands out in my black brows lol

Steph said...

oh wow! thanks for doing this review! been wanting to get my hands on one. i was worried it might cos 2k+. i'll definitely buy one once i get enough moolah. LOL. btw, how many shades are available?

Tali said...

I want to try this!!

Crystal said...

i've read good things about this!

Liza! said...

thanks for sharing, sis. i'll give this a try soom :-)

The Curious Zealot said...

Could you comb this shade over black brows to lighten it a bit?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...