Thursday, February 25, 2010

Product Review: ELF Powder Brush

i tried some ELF brushes before, found them to be scratchy and not being able to distribute the pigments very well...in short, i didn't like them at all. there were some products that i did like..but their brushes, a big No.
until this:


This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
  • Creates a professional sculpted look
  • Full coverage color
  • Use for powder or blush for perfect contouring
  • Vegan Friendly

(photo and product blurb taken from their site)

i didn't know this brush even exists. i've been seeing a lot of posts about their Studio line makeup and brushes but never really checked into it. A friend sent me this brush on one of our swaps, and she did tell me that this is one good brush. I washed it immediately, but hesitated using it for quite sometime. Until one day, that i need a brush to buff my powder and the rest of my face brushes are still drying up. So i had no choice but to give this a chance.

and oh boy, i just wanted to hit myself with it big time...

it's perfect!

what i love:

  • gives that flawless, well-blended look
  • buffs in powder and liquid very well into a polished, natural look
  • soft, densely packed hairs

  • luxurious black color and design
  • long handle, easy to use
  • affordable price, $3
  • no shedding, no bleeding and no funky smell
  • fits just right in my hand
what i hate:
  • the hairs can be frizzy (buhaghag). geesh, i need to find a better word! LOL
other than that, this is the perfect flat top brush for me.


will i buy again?
i now have the entire Studio line brushes and other items on cart, tee-hee!

TIPS:
  • Always wash your brushes prior to use
  • Use a brush cleanser or a conditioning shampoo in cleaning your brushes. I use my Johnson's milk bath or MAC brush cleanser.
  • To prevent the brush hairs from being frizzy, use a brush guard (this i must have, soon)
  • Clean brushes regularly

do you have the other brushes from ELF? if you do, please suggest what i should get, before i check out the entire brush set. :)

Lesson Learned: Some things are worth another chance!


10 comments:

Miss Shopcoholic said...

nag-order ka Jheng? pasabay LOL
I read so many good reviews sa studio line nila particularly this brush..

dustbunny said...

sis ang nice ng brush noh :) the crease brush is decent too though i haven't tried the complexion and blush brush... san ka pla order ng ibang brush prng i like to order the complexion and the blush brush :)

Jem said...

i love this brush too..
i hate the complexion brush though...
too flimsy e
>_<

i rather like this than my other flat top brushes!

it's a steal for $3!

AskMeWhats said...

never tried this, I have so many brushes na sis pero this is interesting :) :) :)

donnarence said...

i love this brush soo much!! napaka multi functional niya noh?? godbless sis jheng.. :D

September said...

you can try the $1.00 eyeshadow brush and $1.00 blending eyebrush. I recommend those two. :)

Violet Honeybee said...

I've been hearing good things about their Studio Line. Let us know how the other brushes are!! =D

ARchicTECT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ARchicTECT said...

I have the whole brush set from the studio line..i love them.. my personal favorites are the powder brush, eyeshadow C brush and the contour brush. I even stocked up on them so I have extras when I wash my brushes..

Charlotte Amber said...

BEst brush EVER!

http://peachfizzz.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...