Saturday, July 19, 2008

Product Review: MAC Cleanse-off Oil

An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that’s gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 per cent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required – and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning. Good for all skin types.
150 ml / 5 fl oz
Price: $21

During our class' MAC Masterclass, I saw the MUA (Mikee) used this to remove any trace of makeup from her model's (Kang) face. Kang wasn't wearing any makeup at all, but when Mikee said that it's a good oil cleanser that can remove even the most stubborn waterproof mascara, i just knew i had to get one. Too bad, they had no stocks. But i guess the makeup fairy heard me because a friend of mine told me that she's coming home from the states. And of course, i made sure that i ask her to get me of this. yay!

I've used a couple of cleansing oils in the past (Elianto, Shu and Fasio) and they worked fine on me. By far, i am loving Shu but its price stops me from getting myself a bottle (i am using that of my mom's by the way). MAC is cheaper and IMHO, it works way better than Shu.

I've been using it for weeks now and i'm loving it. One pump is enough to clean my entire face. As i massage it gently on my face, i can see my makeup melting away...and i'm talking bout no-smudge eyeliner and waterproof mascara. There are days when i don't want to wash my face with water right away so i use wet wipes to take all the gunk off after massaging the oil all over my face. If i choose to add water into it, it would turn into creamy liquid, i'd massage it into my face and rinse with water. No need to follow up with my facial cleanser since it doesnt leave any oily residue...just clean, soft, fresh skin.
What i also love about it is the smell..it reminds me of a candy that i love when i was still in grade school. It smells like citrus, yet sweet and kinda aromatic.

My verdict: This is the strongest, yet the gentlest makeup remover i've ever used.
Will i ever repurchase: OF COURSE! This would be a staple in my skin care kit from now on.

This is LOVE!
:)

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow, even better than shu?? I have to check this out if I have the chance then!!!! thanks for the review

Phoebe said...

*wooot* another MAC Cleanse-off Oil fan! :D

Shen said...

(shen's eyes wide in awe!)

yoko na! yoko na magbasa ng review! thank God Shang is too far from my place na!! :)

ui! question to the dear writer, does your eyes get "malabo"/hazy when you use this on your eyes? when i use any kind of cleansing oil, i get that eh. :) thanks! (pwede naman kita i-txt noh?)

Iambrigitte said...

no prob nikki!

hehehe and you're the culprit who also enabled me to get this cleanser, phoebe! :P

hi shen, yeah i also experience that. cguro kasi i get some of the product inside my eyes? pero after a while nawawala naman na, hindi pa naman ako bulag until now. wahahahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...