Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Product Review: Queen Helene Oatmeal & Honey Scrub

Oatmeal 'n Honey natural facial scrub
A deep cleansing natural-fiber facial scrub with beneficial oatmeal and soothing honey. The extra gentle exfoliating action of oatmeal draws out impurities, unclogs pores and removes dry, dead cells from the surface of your skin. Pure, wholesome honey helps replenish lost moisture and protects your skin from the harsh elements. The result is skin that looks fresh and healthy and feels soft and smooth. Can be used on all skin types.
Apply daily, or as often as desired. Ideal for use in the shower, too! Gently helps remove the dull surface layers of your skin, to reveal your naturally smooth, healthy complexion.

During one of my trips at Rustan's Supermarket, i chanced upon this item...and i was like, "hmmm...do they have the famous Mint Julep mask around here too?" and there was none. bugger. but being a sucker for anything that would exfoliate, i decided to get this anyways.

For years, i've been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the whitening variant), and it's been working fine for me. I use it on my face, neck, elbows, knees and sometimes on my feet...anywhere with rough areas. I'm sure that most of you would agree with me that even though you already have found your HG on anything, sometimes you'd be tempted to try something else just because everybody else are talking about it...or just because the packaging looks appealing. :)

and yeah, i ditched my former exfoliator for this one. unlike the apricot scrub, this one comes with a beige-y colored paste with little brown grains (the other one comes in white?). The scent is like oatmeal...yeah, reminds me of that Quaker Oats that mom used to force me to eat so i'd lose weight. (lol) i can't seem to smell any honey in it..but maybe i'm just too retard. the grains are small and scrubby, but not painful even when used on the face. But remember, not to scrub too hard! It can also be rinsed off easily.

I use this on my face 2-3x week (but i make sure i don't have any pimples since my derma told me scrubs tend to aggravate them) or whenever i feel that my face needs a bit more cleaning than the usual. I've been wearing mineral foundation lately and other full-coverage foundation so i really need something to take those off my face. The scrub leaves me with a feeling of very well cleansed, soft and glowing skin. No irritations, so far!

A tube would last you months. I got mine some 2-3 months ago and i haven't used half or maybe a quarter of it yet! It's also cheap (sorry, forgot how much i got it for....stupid me!). But i am guessing this is cheaper than St. Ives'.
I am definitely loving this...and yeah, there's no way i'm going back to my old scrub. Unless i see another that's more appealing.
LOL!

But i wish it comes with a flip-top cap, though.
tata!



2 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

yup. you sold me on it!

AskMeWhats said...

Yeah, St. Ives works well too, I think anyone who's been living here in PI have heard about st. ives scrubs!!! thanks for the heads up on this!!! i would love to use them on elbows as well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...