Wednesday, July 16, 2008

roadtesting my CS palette...

finally got the chance to try out my 88-colors CS palette. like i've already mentioned, they are in matte finish, so if you don't like matte this palette is not for you. i personally don't like my eyeshadows to be matte, but Pursebuzz gave us a tip on how to give it a bit of a sheen....and that is to use a primer with shimmers. She suggested MAC paint in Stilife, so i had to make sure i will have one when i placed my order for this palette. Besides, i would need to have eyeshadows in different finishes since my makeup aren't for personal use alone.

so here's my eotn using the CS palette:

USED:

Modelco Brow kit in Dark topped with MAC Girl Boy
MAC Paint in Stilife as primer
colors yellow and violet from the CS palette
MAC Blacktrack
VMV Ohla-lash mascara in Black
MUFE Aqua Eyes liner in Black on the waterlines

note that the colors i've used are not that "bright." next time, i'd try to use the eyeshadows without any primer so we can find out how good its staying power is. and maybe, try bolder colors too.

the colors are easy to blend and buildable. i would suggest applying a little then just add if you want more color payoff. so far, i am pretty satisfied with my purchase. let's see how it would do without any primer (winks)

for those who have tried the palette, do you like it too? let me hear from yah!

ciao!

2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

ohhh, I love matte shadows!!! nice to see the color payoff is great!!! Thanks for sharing sis!! and ...*hugs* (you know what it is for!) :D

Shen said...

how are you na? i hope you are doing well.. i would like to be your clown 24/7 but i can't.. *hugs* rin!

wow! danda!! me likey!! i got my 120 na!! let's play makeup soon!! :) the battle of the uber many eyeshadow palletes! :) hehehe!!

i love this look on you! :)

shen sings: like a virgin! touch for the very first time!!

it reminds me of cherry blossoms! o di ba ang lalim!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...