Wednesday, July 2, 2008

testing my NYX trio and too faced shadow insurance....

i know i have promised you girls to post a review on my NYX loot and TFSI. i've tested both last monday night and i must say that i am amazed with the pretty colors of the NYX trio i've chosen to wear that night. as for the TFSI, i dunno if i used too little or something, but i saw a bit of creasing on my lids after a few hours. this never happened with my UDPP even i'm wearing a no-name brand of eyeshadow. but i would like to give it another try...and maybe come up with a better review (with before and after pics, maybe!).

so for the meantime, let me just show you my eotn wearing NYX's trio in purple/deep purple/prune:


used:

Modelco brow kit in Dark topped with MAC brow gel in Girl Boy
NYX Prune on the lids
NYX Deep Purple on the outer-V and outer-crease
MAC e/s in Shroom to highlight
Covergirl LashExact Mascara in Black Brown
Fashion 21 eyeliner in white on the waterlines

for my first trial of my NYX loot, i can say that i am pretty much satisfied. i've read a lot of reviews about this trio, and most of them said that they are less pigmented than the singles. I haven't tried my singles yet, but the colors of this trio are a-OK. now i am thinking that i should have bought more trios since they can fit in the MAC palette.

sigh.

ugh..forget that i said that.


8 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

yay sis! i am so happy to see you love the NYX!!!! Gosh!! and you're right, they can fit the MAC palette!!!! so that means you are eyeing for more? (oops I did not ask that) teee hee :) Can't wait to see more in depth review on the shadow insurance :D

Anonymous said...

i got a couple of trio too and i've tested the other one. i must say i like the color payoff and staying power of one of the colors, but for the other two only the staying power was great -- the color payoff was a bit off, i had to pack it on over and over. hmn, fits MAC palette? maybe i will depot mine... now that i've depotted my MAC e/s i am actually sorry i depotted them. :( i have new e/s and i forgot how lovely they looked in singles! lol. more news on TFSI ha?! i ordered it kasi and i can't wait to test it myself too!!!

jing said...

Nice to see some EOTDs again! I've missed em. Your lashes are looong and thick, don't tell me it's only mascara cos that lash exact doesn't give me that kind of result.

Gracie said...

I love this FOTD sis! Well, you know how much I love the way you do your make up anyway and now that you're a certified MUA, I'd say you've got an extra factor.

Iambrigitte said...

nikki arg, i went to MAC earlier and found out that they have no more stocks of the 15-e/s palette...huhuhu...i am loving my NYX trios. but i think i really need to stop buying makeup for a while muna. LOL

sis mheanako naman i am not sorry for depotting my mac e/s. i need to do so or else my traincase would be swamped by them. saka hassle kasi for me if i do makeup outside, i would need to bring them all. lol...but i guess if it's for personal use it's okay to leave them na naka-pot. hehe

hi jie-jie thanks for complimenting my lashes. they are not really that long, but when i curl them it seems like they get longer. weird no?

nice to hear from you again, gracie missed you loads!

AskMeWhats said...

What wala na silang 15e/s pro palette??? oh no!!!!!! That's a big big bummer! when will they have stocks daw? haev you tried other branches ? Shang??? Naku!!!! I think if they are on stock again, you buy more na! coz hindi naman nasisira!

Katrina said...

Great look! That is one of my favorite trios, I love the colors especially purple.

Unknown said...

I agree! The colors are so pretty XD
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...