Monday, January 26, 2009

Product Review: Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-on

Bags and Dark circles can darken your eye contour. Garnier Light eye roll-on is a massaging roll-on that combines caffeine and the draining effect of a massage to reduce bags and dark cicles and brighten the eye contour.

Massage is a technique used by experts to boost natural draining and decongest tired eyes. The formula, enriched with caffeine, known for its stimulating properties on micro-circulation, helps to brighten the skin and boost radiance.

i've been using this product for more than a week now. when i first saw this at Mercury Drug, i got so interested and decided to get it because of its "roller." it reminded me of the silver-tipped applicator that comes with La Mer's Eye Concentrate (been wanting to get this one for sooo long, but it's so friggin expensivo!)

what i love:

  • the instant cooling effect...feels good that it can be addictive
  • it brightens the eye area, instantly. reminds me when i first used potatoes on my eyes. but of course, it doesn't last. not sure when used for a longer time period though
  • also, it depuffs eyebags. one morning, i woke up with horrible swelling eyebags (for crying the night before) and i reached out for this and it really helped.
  • the packaging. fits in my makeup kit..
  • cheap, priced at P299
  • no smell

what i hate:

  • after it dries up, i can feel a tightening effect. so why do i hate it? well, it just gives me the feeling that my undereye area is drying up. and i hate it. i had to use my other eye cream to moisturize
  • for those with dry undereye areas or those with wrinkles already (ehem), the moisture in this product isn't enough.
  • OCs will hate the roller "innovation" because of hygienic reasons.

will i repurchase?

probably yes. i love the cooling sensation and the instant brightening effect, but i would still use another eyecream for moisturizing.

6 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

If this stuff deflated your puffy eyes, I am going out and getting some!! It's gotta be cheaper than that Talkia Eye Detox gel (which I love, but go through like water!).

Thanks for the review!

Gracie said...

Thanks for the review sis... got more reasons not to try it :) My undereye area gets really really dry and I don't think this would suit me. I miss you sis... been a very long time since the last time we chatted. Muah!

fuzkittie said...

Been seeing the commercial for this!

Hmm, if you have oilier skin I'd recommend the Moisturizing primer, if you have normal or dry skin you can use either of those, but if you prefer sun protection, try the UV primer! :]

Anonymous said...

hey cool review on garnier! i never knew they had an eye roll-on. thanks for sharing :)

tinedangganda said...

oooohh. i'm going to buy right away.. em using their Anti imperfection scrub w/ salicylic acid, and it's good... the good thing about Garnier products is that it's affordable...=P thanks for the good review....

Mel said...

I love this product. I see no immediate results yet, but I love the cooling effect after application. Garnier products are hit and miss for me, I hope this one is a hit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...