Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Product Review: MUFE High Definition Liquid Foundation

I know i'm sort of late in doing a review for this product...but hey, it's better late than never, right!? :)

the first time i started reading about MUFE's HD makeup line, i can't stop myself from wishing that i get to have my grubby hands on them. i remember seeing the loose powder and the foundation from MUFE Shangrila, but i ended up getting only the loose powder because i have MAC SFF back then (was still starting with makeup school). i can still remember (almost) harassing the SAs there because they told me that they don't have the price for it yet since the product has just arrived. after a series of calls, they finally let me buy the powder. and yeah, i was STUPID for not buying the foundation too!

when reviews started appearing on different blogsites, i just can't stop blaming myself for not getting one. i called MUFE and told me that like the HD powder, the foundation too has been OOS for months. ACCCCK!

but an angel might have heard me again...X's mother was coming over for their youngest son's wedding and asked me what i want from the US. and i guess you know what i asked for..heheeh

What it is:
An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.

What it does:
Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.

What else you need to know:
This Sephora-exclusive foundation comes in 25 different shades to suit all skintones.

Active Ingredients:
Relipidium: Moisturizes the skin (+46% after 4h).
Fucogel: Forms a microfilm that prevents dehydration and protects against external aggression.
Sericite: Enables rays of light to spread more widely, intensifying the radiance of the complexion.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Suggested Usage:

Apply directly on skin. Small quantity is sufficient to make up the whole face.
Perfect and mattify application by dusting with HD powder.
* product blurb from Sephora.com

shade 120 swatched

blended in...

what i love:

  • offers medium to heavy coverage. if i would really need a heavier coverage, i mix this with MAC SFF and the result is still great!
  • easily to apply. i apply this using my MAC 187 and it really gives that airbrushed look. i then set it with either the MUFE HD loose powder of with my MAC MSF Natural
  • it's matte. but for an oil slick like me, it just gives that gorgeous glow after a few hours.
  • no funky smell
  • the packaging. actually i like the packaging more than that of MAC SFF. And i love that it comes with a pump! no need to buy a separate pump... :)
  • a little amount goes a long way. so i'm thinking that this 30ml bottle would last me looooongg.
  • doesn't give a whitish cast on pictures...makes you "photogenic" and "video-genic" (is there such a word? lol)
  • feels light and looks like second skin...your-skin-but-better kind of foundation, imho!
  • no allergic reactions. though i've read some reviews that they get pimples after using this. well, i've read that about MAC too...but never experienced it. :)

what i hate:

  • kinda expensive (well, as compared to MAC). I bought mine in the US and it costs $40. but i must say that this is worth every cent!
  • doesn't really cover scars or pigmentations. i would mix this with MAC SFF to really have that "heavy" coverage i need and make sure that it still has that "HD" capabilities.
  • no spf. if it has one, then i would say that this is one hella of a foundation. but of course, if SPF is added then there would be that whitish cast on pics. i can apply sunblock before my primer anyways, so that's fine.


i know it kinda looks lighter on me...but after some time:



it gets darker on me. ugh!

good thing i have another bottle which is a shade lighter, yay!

will i buy this again?

nope. and that's just because i haven't even used a quarter of my bottle! and i don't really use liquid foundation for everyday use...but if ever this runs out, i am DEFINITELY BUYING more!

7 comments:

Orla said...

I love this foundation. I have it in shade 120 but didn't buy the powder. Do you think I should? Is it work it. I've been using MAC studio fix powder in NC35 over it which I quite like. x

izumi said...

oh dang~ i love how that looks on you :) but it costs so dang much!! hahhaa i gotta find my HG one in a drugstore form.. or just stick to my BB. hmm..

fuzkittie said...

Good review, it looks nice on you.

AskMeWhats said...

hmm..when we saw each other, are you using this liquid foundie? it's soooo pretty and a great coverage!!!

Soapaholic said...

You look super flawless. I don't think it's just the foundie. Wish I had your skin.:)

Iambrigitte said...

hi Little Miss Beauty Junkie, yeah the powder is so worth it! but you can also use other brands of loose powder to set the mufe liquid, but mufe makes you really look flawless in pics. imho, if you set it with MAC sf powder, it will be cakey since the latter is kinda heavy in coverage.

yeah izumi it costs a lot, but it's really worth it. BB creams are good too, and besides it's not really good to wear liquid foundation everyday.

thanks fuzz!

hiyee nikki...i was using mac sff that night, but i mixed it with mufe :)

awww, thanks soapaholic...but my skin is far from being flawless. have you seen my previous posts? i posted pics of me wearing no makeup at all :)

Unknown said...

I love your eyes in this! I'm a sucker for a winged lash, yours look great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...