Saturday, March 28, 2009

Product Review: Solvere Acne Clearing Toner

Ultra pure glycolic acid 2% coupled with the proven acne fighting ingredient salicylic acid 2%. Specially formulated to accelerate the removal of dead skin cells that can interfere with the proper oil drainage of the skin. Salicylic acid 2% helps to reduce the number of acne blemishes (papules & pustules) and blackheads (comedones) and allows the skin to heal.

Benefits:

A patented and simple to use toner pad that delivers the ultra pure, exfoliating benefits of glycolic acid in combination with the proven keratolytic, salicylic acid 2%.
Formulated with the astringent benefits of witch hazel in combination with green tea extract and zinc PCA to assist in soothing skin irritation and inflammation.

Active Ingredient:Salicylic Acid USP 2%.

Inactive Ingredients:Ammonium Hydroxide, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Zinc PCA.

I've been using this toner pads for more than 3 months now, and i must say that i am absolutely loving it! I am acne-prone and i just can't get my hands off my face...i tend to prick my pimples (eeewww, i know!) and my laziness to pay my derma a visit makes me experiment on new products coming out in the market, which of course would only lead to more infections and harsh reactions. (sniff)

some anti-acne toners that i used only made my skin a lot more red (trust me, even redder that those in the pics i've posted earlier) and super dry. i actually gave up on toners that i just go directly on applying my creams...but having an oily skin like mine really needs the help of a good toner.

good thing my derma suggested this to me...my prayers are answered!

Directions:

  • Wipe the entire affected area with a pad one to three times daily.
  • Because excessive drying of the skin can occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a physician.
  • If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.

    what i love:
  • doesn't sting! i used to have really big and red pimples, and no matter how inflamed they are, this toner won't sting!
  • doesn't make my skin dry...not at all! it actually makes my skin feel moisturized even without a moisturizer
  • the pad has the right amount of solution...so no wasting!
  • cheap. well, for something that really works (at least for me), this is a cheaper alternative than those that i've tried. i got this for Php800 (i think lesser) for 60 pads. So that's Php400 a month since i only use this at night.
  • no smell. maybe it has a bit, but being sensitive with scents, this one doesn't annoy me.

what i hate:

  • the packaging. it's so bulky that it takes a lot of space when i bring it with me for overnights. but i don't think toner pads can be repackaged differently, no? so i guess i just have to live with it. heheheh

yep, just one thing that i hate about it. because for me, this product is heaven-sent!

of course, it may have worked for me but it may not work for you. you'd need to try it out yourself. just make sure that when you've finally found a product that works for you, stick with it and stop experimenting with other products...who knows, you'll just end up aggravating the problem.

in short...do not be like ME.

LOL!


4 comments:

notjustminerals said...

Where did you buy those pads sis? Is it locally available? I'd reaaly like to try them out for myself since glycolic and SA are the miracle ingredients for my acne too.

lelila said...

hi jheng,

same question, where did you get it? thanks

Iambrigitte said...

i got it from my derma in Bataan sisters! i'll text her later and ask where she got them and exactly how much. the amount i mentioned in my post was the Cetaphil sunblock pala. will get back to you once i got the info!

Iambrigitte said...

hey sisses, it's being sold for Php1200 po. just inform me if u wnt to get one. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...