Sunday, May 3, 2009

on turning (the BIG) 30...

yep...i am turning 20, err...22...i mean, 25 (dang, even my keyboard refuses to type my real age hahaha) in a few days. i know, i am getting old. LOL

this year, i won't be able to celebrate it with my family. i think the last time that i wasn't able to be with them was when i was in Sydney 4 years ago. This year, i'm sure i'd be stucked in the office with tons of workload as usual. I know it won't be something to look forward to, and probably it would be better to just stay in the office since X won't be at home anyways. i've been feeling gloomy these past weeks, well i know it's some sort of midlife crisis hahahah but what the heck..everybody turns a year older anyway! but yeah, it would be nice to at least have someone to celebrate it with.

and since i won't have some sort of celebration on my birthday, i decided to ask mom to take us out to dinner after hearing mass earlier. so we went to my good friend's sports grill bar and restaurant and feasted on what they have in their menu.





I know it's different from what we used to have...my aunt usually cooks and we just stay at home. But it's fun too! At least i get to celebrate it (in advance) with my family.

My birthday wishes? Hmm..WORLD PEACE! Lol...kiddin' aside, i hope to be more optimistic as i grow a year older. I've been pessimistic most of the time, just because i hate expecting too much and then getting disappointed. after all the not-so-good things that happened in the past, i've learned to just expect the worse...and be happy when things turned out to be great after all. but yeah, it would be far better to still have a positive outlook in life. Also, i wish not to take things too seriously....i easily get stressed that way. i tend to give too much and worry too much about certain things that i get drained of my energy easily. lately, i feel like i have too much weight on my shoulders. i feel tired...

And my wishlist? would you be surprised that i am not wishing to get more makeup this time? LOL...i think i have too much already and since i am too darn busy with work, i barely have time for gigs. so i guess what i have right now is more than enough for me...well, my thinking might just change after some time. LOL. so here's a few of what i want to get on my birthday:

1. Vivienne Westwood-inspired shoes by Melissa. they are so GORGEOUS! i am definitely getting at least one of the pairs i saw online.

2. A videocam. I've been wanting to get myself one for months now but still looking for something that isn't too expensive but can still do the works.

3. A netbook!

so there...no makeup. :) i am getting the MAC finishing powder on Monday that's why it's no longer on my list...hahahah! woot!

geesh, i can't still imagine that i am turning 20..i mean 30. I didn't expect to reach this age and still be single. And nope, i am not wishing to get married soon! it's just that when i was in Highschool, a lot of people would say that i am the type who would get married early. Some even thought that i won't be able to finish my studies coz i would get pregnant. dang, see what happens when people get ahead of your future? the opposite happens! =P

my mom's calling me an oldmaid...but i'm sure she just wants me to get hitched so she can have a grandchild already. i would tease her back by asking her to get married herself and have a kid...or probably just wait for my sister to get married. hahahaha

oh well...they say life begins at 40. so i guess i have 10 more years to go, huh? (wink)

16 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Happy Birthday!! All you ladies look gorgeous, and you don't look a day over 22!!

Don't let your mom rush you...you've got plenty of time!!

Edna said...

I don't believe you're turning 30. You look liek you're in your early 20s :) Have a wonderful birthday

sab said...

ohmigosh! you're turning 30? you don't look it! you look so young! Happy Birthday hun!

* Jen * said...

Happy Birthday Jheng! =)

You don't look 30 at all. You look around 20-something. Seriously!

I hope you had a nice time celebrating your special day.

fuzkittie said...

What?! 30?? You look more like 23!

DeBi said...

hi! don't worry you dont look 30 anyways.
happy birthday!

AskMeWhats said...

Advance Happy birthday sis!!! :D Sis do not worry, I turned 30 too earlier this year right? and you know what? If you don't' feel the age, you aren't the age! LOL :) Sis stay happy :D Enjoy this year with wonderful blessings!

Tara Cabullo said...

Happy Birthday, sis! Hope you had a good one. I've only met you once but I know that you're a person with a good heart -- and God will bless you a lot. :) Happy Birthday! Oh, and I can relate to the birthday w/o family :(

Anyhoo, happy birthday again! 30 is sexy!

Unknown said...

you don't look a day over 24, happy birthday!

keep 'em guessing your age, this will make your tutorials have a different twist.

welcome to another stage of your life =)

yummy411 said...

happy birthday! 30 is the new 20 lmao! you redefine 30. enjoy it!

Cinthia Truong said...

Happy birthday dear. If you feel old, I'm outta be an rotten old woman already. LOL

Crystal said...

happy birthday jeng! you don't look like 30! it's all about how young you feel :)

tinedangganda said...

happy happy Jeng... You now age are just numbers... stay beautiful.. in & out!!! Love your blog... wish all the best....

Chrissy said...

Happy birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Steph said...

happy happy birthday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...