Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lip Perfection Lipcolor by Covergirl


Who doesn't love Drew Barrymore?

I mean, what's not to love about her? We all know that she went thru a lot during her younger years, but just look at her now on her most recent Covergirl ad:

I'm super sure that you'd agree that she lost weight! And that she looks a lot younger now. I'm not sure what her age is but all I know is that I'm almost her age. But geesh, she definitely doesn't look her age. And if she is older than me, that would be such a shame on me..since I actually look older than she is.

She does look serious here, but I'm pretty sure the funny and quirky Drew is still there.
^_^

I attended an event for Covergirl weeks ago at Sweet Bella, which by the way serves delicious macaroons, and this is what greeted me on our table:

when I saw the stuff, I was like "Darn, I should've removed my makeup before coming here..." for I was pretty sure we'll be having a makeup session some time during the event.

Martha and Bambi, my neighbors on the next table


Liz, on the same table as me



Roanne (also sitting on the same table as Me & Liz), Tara and Jamie on the other table
(Shen not in the picture, but was able to make it to the event)


The event is about the newest lip product from Covergirl, the Lip Perfection Lip Color

Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.

We had an ice breaker where a participant from each of the 3 tables will have to recreate Drew's makeup look...highlighting the red, bold pouty lips and of course, her pose! I was just too lazy, and good thing Liz already has her makeup looking like that of Drew's sans the red lips so she'll be our Drew for the challenge.




Liz is such an independent lady, she went on with challenge with just me and Roanne taking her pictures instead of doing her makeup!


Bambi doing Martha's makeup



The 3 Drew Barrymores of the challenge
Martha won! Too bad I wasn't able to take her winning photo.


We also had another challenge where we were given 3 lipstick brands. We would have to check them one after the other and try to determine which of the 3 is from Covergirl:


Brands A, B and C

We checked on the smell, texture, and the ability to spread evenly. We had a unanimous decision that Brand C is Covergirl. The other two have weird smell, quite drying and difficult to spread. Wanna know from what brand these two are? Sorry, my lips are sealed. LOL

with 22 shades available, I'm sure I'm gonna go bankrupt because all of them are gorgeous!


and of course, the inevitable group pictures:

and of course, yours truly...
AKA Drew's Alalay (personal assistant)
^_^


I honestly wanted to get all the other shades in this display stand, hahaha!


after the event, I went down and had a date with these pretty ladies:





I tell you, these lipcolors from Covergirl are gorgeous and I am quite sure you'll get addicted to them yourself. Shen and I immediately made a trip to the mall to get the rest of the shades.
swatches and review to follow!

TATA!


1 comment:

Jamilla Camel said...

What a fun event! Such great pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...