Thursday, September 22, 2011

Product Review: Estee Lauder Take it Away Gentle Cleansing Milk

Remember my post on the Nivea cleansing milk that I consider my HG years ago? I think it has been discontinued since I can no longer find it in stores anywhere. I know there are lots of alternatives available, but i dunno, maybe i just like the thought (and the feeling) that I am using "milk" to cleanse my skin. I tried looking for other cleansing milk and here's one that I would want to share with you:

Take It Away Gentle Cleansing Milk

Estee Lauder Take It Away Gentle Cleansing Milk helps to rapidly remove make up, including any waterproof products, gently and without stripping your skin of moisture. Like many other new Estee Lauder products, Take It Away Gentle Cleansing Milk is Infused with a citrus scent to refresh and reinvigorate your skin and enliven the senses.


unlike Nivea, this one is not too liquidy. I also love the scent which is a bit stronger than Nivea, but not irritating.


my oil-slick face with makeup on (sans lipstick)


After massaging it on my face, I use wet wipes to take off residue.


And here's my cleansed face after:

(face is all red because of my current skin regimen)

It didn't totally remove my waterproof liner and mascara the first time. I had to use a few more pumps and massage my eye area to finally get rid of all the makeup. I think this would work great on makeup that are not too long-wearing as I was still able to see a bit of makeup on the second time (I was wearing MAC SFF on the pics). To make sure that your skin will be totally clean, you'd be using a lot more product so I'm not sure how long this bottle would last me considering that I use mostly waterproof/long-wearing makeup.

Like Nivea, I love that it doesn't leave me with tight, dry face after. My face actually looked and felt moisturized after. And the best part is: no allergic reactions! The packaging is also good since it comes with a pump and is in a plastic bottle. Even the combination of gold and blue color makes it appear classy. And this is recyclable too!

I got this in a set (Estee Lauder's Holiday set) last year so I don't have an idea how much it costs. I'll update my post once I got the exact figures!
^_^

So will I buy again?
No. Not because I didn't like it but because I need something that would remove all my waterproof/long-wearing makeup easily without having to consume more product.

But I'm sure this would work for those who has sensitive skin and wears minimal makeup (no waterproof, pls!)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...