Sunday, August 12, 2012

G-Star RAW now in Manila!


Who doesn't love denim?  No matter what trend comes in, denim will never go out of style.  It's so versatile and I think with just the proper styling, people of any size and age can wear denim. 

Nowadays, I am more into dresses. But I must admit that my favorite go-to outfit is a pair of jeans with a classy, fab top and sky-high heels.  Of course there is more to denim than just jeans.  You can have denim dress, jackets, skirts and even accessories.  There's a lot of known brands out there, but it's always good to have a variety of choices, right?

Last month, G-Star RAW, a Dutch designer clothing company that aims to produce fashionable and high quality urban clothing opened their store in Manila.



Originally named Gap Star, but changed their name upon going international, the brand specializes in making RAW denim, an unwashed, treated denim.  G-Star is influenced by military clothing and inspirations of their designs come from vintage military apparel from around the world.




More photos inside the store:



As soon as I laid my eyes on this jacket (photo above), it was love-at-first-sight.  I immediately imagined myself wearing this but tried to take it off my mind after seeing the Php16k price tag.  Whoa!  It ain't cheap, but after checking the fabric and the finish, I can say this is one piece of clothing that's worth your hard-earned moolah!

More jackets!   I was definitely salivating over these!



 This one's worth Php9k.  But I bet this pair's gonna last you forever.  It's soft and really feels comfortable.  I was on the verge of trying it on but I got scared that I won't take it off and burn my allowance right then and there on a pair of jeans. (laughs) Another plus is that that they have styles for women with big hips and small waists, which is quite hard to find in our local brands.


 


G-Star Raw also chose its five Filipino ambassadors who exemplify what the brand is all about:
G-Star Raw Philippines' Ambassadors
(L-R): Mike Concepcion, Sanya Smith, Gian Romano, Pauline Prieto and Sid Maderazo



And here is G-Star RAW's Fall-Winter 2012 collection:


See anything you like? 

G-Star RAW is located at Unit 201, Upper Ground Floor C1 Bonifacio High Street Central.


1 comment:

Kevin Horgan said...

If the BCD is inflated so that the diver weighs the same as the water they are displacing, they become neutrally buoyant, which is what divers want to be most of Buoyancy compensator buying guide

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...