Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shu Uemura Chocolat-Donna Mint and Vanilla eyeshadow palette...



Shu Uemura Chocolat-Donna Mint and Vanilla eye shadow palette

The eye shadows are housed in a small, sleek compact that won't take so much room in your makeup kits.  I love that it includes a mirror and there are no sponges included, (which I don't use anyway, since I am so partial with my eye shadow brushes) and that it is refillable!  It looks like a bar of yummy dark chocolate with gorgeous gold script written on it...something you wouldn't want to mess up, so yeah, it's something you'll have a hard time to eat because it's just too beautiful!





Inside, there's an amazing color selection of glittery and matte eye shadows at 1g each. The palette contains the following: glittery amber gold, glittery mint green, matte light mint green, shimmery taupe brown, matte red-toned brown and a matte dark brown.  There's  a gold design on two of the browns which is just on top and goes away right after you start dipping your brush on it.  That's the reason it took me weeks before I finally gave in and swatched this baby.  They are so gorgeous and I can't find it in my heart to mess up such a lovely work of art.  (going emo now, LOL)

Here are the swatches:






(swatched with no primers)

The glittery ones require a proper sticky base, so be ready with your best-bet eye shadow primer.  But the remaining four are just love; they are pigmented, smooth, creamy and so easy to work with.


And here's the look I came up with:


K-palette long lasting eyebrow
Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist in BR333
UDPP
Shu Uemura Mint and Vanilla eye palette (pan #4 on the lid, pan #6 on the crease and outer-V, a bit of pan #1 on top of the lids)
K-palette long lasting eyeliner in Black
Shu Uemura ultimate natural mascara
Prestige eyeliner in white
Benefit Eye Bright

Revlon Photoready correcting primer
Benefit Boeing and Erase Paste
Yves Rocher Second Skin Effect foundation
Graftobian translucent loose setting powder
Revlon matte blush

MAC l/s in Please Me + Estee Lauder lipgloss



I hope you like it! 
^_^

In as much as I wanted to keep this palette, I already promised Mom that I'll be giving this palette to her. So does that mean I now have an excuse to get that Orange and Pistachio palette which I fell in love with the first time I saw it?

(Dum.Di.Dum.Di.Dum)

1 comment:

Alisha said...

You have pretty shaped eyes. That simple look is perfect on you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...