Thursday, August 16, 2012

Product Review: Benefit They're Real Mascara

Most of the time, I get asked if I am wearing false eyelashes when people see me in person.  The last time was when I attended the K-Palette event, I can't remember who asked but somebody did ask me what brand of falsies I'm wearing that day.  The thing is, I'm not wearing any.  My lashes might look fake, but hey..they're real! (giggles)

My secret?  

Benefit They're Real Mascara
Lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates.  Our jet black, long-wearing formula won't smudge or dry out.  A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!

the sleek, gun-metal finish of the packaging looks classy and "sosyal"


unlike other mascaras that you would need to throw away after 3 months, this one you can keep up to 6 months


The secret for the volumizing and lengthening effect would be its wand. It has a rubberized spiked wand, with a tiny spiked ball at the tip.  It makes it easier to grab those hard-to-reach lashes on the inner corners of your eyes.


Formulation is somewhat wet, but dries up easily to a jet-black finish.  I usually wear dark shades of eye shadows and it just sucks if my mascara somehow becomes less visible if it isn't really black.

It doesn't smudge, so no panda eyes.  At the end of the day, you would need a very good eye makeup remover as this can be such a pain to remove.


On my first few uses, I didn't really like it at first.  I would apply the mascara after I curl my lashes and it would somehow lose the curl.  I hate it when it happens!  Apparently, I'm using it wrong.

So here's the right way of using this:
 This way, product is deposited at the base making your lashes look full

After a coat....
 
 This will help curl the lashes and get rid of clumps

I would wait for 10 to 15 seconds to let it dry and I'll apply another coat.  I try not to apply more than two coats as my lashes would really look clumpy.


and tadaaah...

 
 

this is my favorite mascara as of the moment and though it costs Php1600 a tube, I am going to repurchase once I run out of it.  It never fails to give me that false-lashes look whenever I use it.

Just be careful not to poke your eyes with the wand.  I once poked my eyes when I was in a hurry. Applying this mascara would take a bit more time  but believe me, it would be all worth it after.

Benefit Cosmetics are available in Greenbelt 5.  For more updated product offerings and promos, please like their Facebook page.

Don't forget to like my Facebook page too, and please follow me on Twitter!

Tata!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one so bad!!!pag eyemakeup po tlga ang galing nyo!:)

Issa said...

wow, the jet black finish of the mascara is awesome! i want one though it's too steep for me :) love the packaging too, classy! :)

Jillsabs said...

I want one too! Pero ang mahal lang niya ha :(

I'll check the Benefit US site, baka mas mura hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...