Monday, August 4, 2008

ladies, meet lovely....

after taking up makeup classes, i just know i need to enroll in hair upstyling as well. i want to be able to do my client's hair aside from makeup. i think it's more practical for clients to have their hair and makeup done by a single person instead of paying for two separate services. but don't get me wrong, i wont be doing both hair and makeup on all occasions. maybe just for instances wherein i would only have one or two clients, or maybe do the bride's (at least) hair and makeup if i'd be offering bridal packages.

but because of my work schedule (and yeah, my pocket still needs to recover from the expenses i incurred from my makeup classes) i decided to study on my own first. i've seen a lot of hair upstyling tutorials that i think are easy enough for me to follow. but of course, i would need a model...and this model needs to be with me everytime i would have the time to practice.

so i bought myself a dolly and i think it's just right for me to give her a name. so ladies, meet my new companion...LOVELY!

(can't think of another name...maybe you can suggest?)

she has a long, wavy hair. and they told me that i have to soak it in conditioner for at least 1 day.

so here's lovely taking a bath:

(yeah, i know it's kinda creepy. i almost freaked out when i had to go to the bathroom and i've forgotten all about her...imagine my shock when i saw her head on my bathroom floor. LOL)

and here's LOVELY after a day of soaking her in a pail of DOWNY...

see the difference on her hair? it's a lot straighter now...but i still think she needs a rebond. lol

however, this lady has a serious problem:

HAIR FALL!

i don't comb her hair that much coz i'm scared she'd end up being bald.
stay tuned for my hair upstyling practices on her...


8 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Hi sis, I have the exact one and I named her Giselle (Bunchen) lol...maybe you can name her...hmm..after an actress you really love? She looks like Catherine Zeta Jones..lol Goodluck with your class!!! So proud of you!

notjustminerals said...

That doll head sure looks scary. Have fun creating hairstyles!

D said...

heya!!! gosh... natakot ako sa kanya!!! especially nung nasa timba siya:) Hmmm...re the name..how about MAC since u love it:)

Iambrigitte said...

still not taking up hair upstyling nikki natatakot ako sa gastos pa. i havent recovered from my expenses from my makeup class eh. but i will soon...

yeah, she is scary nikkiz and i try to get her out of my sight at night coz i might just freak out.

well, MAC is a good idea dyan, but i think i need a more feminine name. wag naman MAC..but something close to it..hmm im thinking HEATHERETTE? LOL

sab said...

wow! you seemed like a busy person doing all these things! i'm pretty sure you'll do great in this as well!

i'm so happy that you get to do what you're most passionate about. :)

that's real hair right? :)

Shen said...

pretty and a little creepy. hehehe!! joke! may gawd itatago ko yan sa kabinet ko pag matutulog na ko. :) but yeah, great for practicing yan.. :) i'm sure you'll be able to learn the basic pretty fast.. o, ibubuk ko na kayo ni sophie sa wedding ko ha??? hmmm.. 2014 good for you? whahaha!!

Iambrigitte said...

hi sab ewanko ba masochist nga ata talga ako, i want to do all sorts of things...kaya laging kulang sa tulog eh. but the thing is wala akong natatapos hahahaa...

hay shen i again freaked out when i woke up and saw her on top of my TV. lol..the stupid me forgot that i put her there.

Anonymous said...

I have this too, included in our kit for hairstyling at ABA. I named her Lucresia or Lukring for short. Ang tigas kasi ng buhok. Kakaloka.Grabe talaga maglagas ng hair. Pero mas mahaba yata hair ng doll mo. Mababad din nga sa downy. hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...