Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

I'm not really into nail polishes because I can't grow my nails long. I always end up with cracked nails, so yeah...I am stuck with very short nails, like those you see from kids. sniff. But if ever I use nail polish, a fast-drying top coat IS A MUST!

I've already tried a lot of brands, and have liked a few. But just like with makeup, to find more choices is always good.

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

Sets in 60 seconds to a hard lustrous finish. Plasticizers and an acrylic polymer help safeguard polish from nicks and chips, while promoting flexibility.
UV filter helps maintain color fidelity
DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde - free

i first heard of this from my Mom who has been a user for a long time. She loves this (I'm just not sure after I gave her a small bottle of Seche Vite) and even promised to give me a bottle before. But this is always sold out at Revlon counters, it took me months before finally getting one.

my thoughts:
Quick Dry? Not really. My Poshe and Seche Vite still dry a lot faster. I remember applying my SV while driving and not ending up with any dents (of course, forget that I mentioned "while driving.")
Formulation is thin, almost drippy but doesn't leave any brush marks.
I find this easier to apply.
Not as shiny as Poshe and Seche Vite, and the shine wears off easily.
Cheaper, priced at Php275.00 and locally available (but most of the time, OOS)
Cute frosty bottle
Mom said this doesn't become as goopy as the other top coats she tried. I am yet to (almost) finish my bottle before I can attest to this though.

Revlon polish in Demure + Revlon top coat

overall, this is one good topcoat. I'm sure I'll use this more often, just because I don't want my favorites to run out just yet. And yes, this can be an alternative to top coats from Orly and Sally Hansen...but not with my Seche Vite and Poshe.

tata!

5 comments:

Jem said...

i have tried this one in their old square bottle packaging & i'm not really impressed with it. yet, it dries faster compare to other top coats that i have tried (not including SV of course!haha) but the wearing time is so disappointing...

but that was the old one..maybe this one is different...

AskMeWhats said...

I haven't tried this pa, I used to be impressed with Revlon's Top Coat, yan ang first Revlon polish ko in the past and I love to hoard in HK pa! mas mura eh hehehe

Iambrigitte said...

hi thiamere this is the first naman that i tried their top coat..oki naman, can be an alternative but not as great. in cases lang when you cant get hold of SV and Poshe.

nikki-toots pasabay ng hoard ng polish ng revlon sa HK..lol!

MariaKristela said...

For a Revlon brand, this is cheap. I only use Sally Hansen and Bobbie (during tipid moments). :)

cafémobility said...

i hope there are nail polish out there that even if you leave it in your nails for more than three weeks, it won't discolor your nail. i got a yellowish tone on my nails after my month long travel since i wasn't able to visit the nailsalon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...