Sunday, August 14, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Photoready Two-Way Powder Foundation

each time Revlon comes up with a new foundation, I just can't keep myself from checking it out. as a (freelance) makeup artist, i am always in the look out for new products in the market that would work not only for me, but also for my clients. and of course, i make sure that i test the products first before using it on my clients.

i'm a fan of Revlon's Photoready line, so when I saw that they now have a two-way powder foundation, i didn't think twice of grabbing one for me to test.

Revlon Two-Way Powder Foundation
Photochromatic pigments blend, reflect and diffuse light to erase every flaw. Silky smooth jet-filled powder for soft matte finish.
Oil-free.
Fragrance-free.

the foundation is housed in a black, sleek, matte thin case that fits just right into your makeup kit. what i love about this packaging is that there won't be no finger marks unlike their other foundation cases.

and of course not to mention, it looks classy.


powder is finely-milled...reminds me of japanese foundation powders


no chalky and blendable


now let's see if this powder is really great as it claims:

cleansed, toned and moisturized face


primed with Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover (my current favorite)


applied the foundation using the sponge that comes with the powder
(take note that i didn't use any concealer except for my undereyes)

the foundation may look thick at first, but once it sets, it blends seamlessly and will look like you have poreless skin. i

what i love:
packaging
easy to apply, blendable
no itching or any skin irritations
no need to use a concealer to cover blemishes
quite affordable, costs less than Php900 (sorry, forgot the exact price)
it's not too matte once it blends with your skin, actually it gives out a healthy, almost-dewy look (or maybe it's just because i have super oily skin?)
it has SPF
i found my shade match in Natural Ochre


what i hate:

hmmm..nothing!

i love this powder and i always bring it with me most especially if i have an event after work. it's so easy to work with and because of it, I am getting used to using powder foundations instead of liquids.

i like it so much that I bought other shades that i can use for my clients.

i just checked out Revlon's site and found out that this is not yet in their site. Hmm, why is that!? Anyways, they have other stuff in there that we don't have here yet either. I wish they will soon become available here as well.

me, begging Revlon please...
^_^

10 comments:

socialitedreams said...

oh wow, that looks really good! will have to see if they have my shade, i like their foundations but they only had my darker shade and not my paler color in the photoready liquid :-/


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Catra Samoedo said...

Wow,,, really good on you...
Hmm, do you used Revlon Photoready foundation? If yes, what do you think? Is it good?

Jamilla Camel said...

I've used the liquid, but never the powder - it looks great on you! Thanks for the review.

AskMeWhats said...

Ang ganda ng coverage sis! medyo medium to full keri!

Iambrigitte said...

socialitedreams im sure they have one that matches your shade :)

hi *BINTANGKECIL* yep i've tried the liquid and it's good. but it has little shimmers, try it out first on revlon counters before buying :)

thanks Jamilla Camel!

thanks Nikki, ganda nga revlon..takbuhan ko actually when i run out of MAC :)

MereMakeupManiac said...

nice review sis.. have you tried using makeup brushes though to apply it? am wary of using sponges kasi. you look cute in your last pic, maybe Revlon will grant your plea haha!

Iambrigitte said...

hi sis Mhean, i tried using it with a stippling brush, pang-set ng liquid foundie..oki din naman mas sheer nga lang coverage. heheehe andami kasing bago sa website nila, kaso nde pa nadating dito.

cafémobility said...

do they have variants for different skin tones/types too?

Issa said...

nice coverage... but you have nice skin na to begin with. you look pretty miss jheng! :)

Eroz18 said...

I got mine in medium beige, that really matches my skintone. I love this product.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...