Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss

If not for my clients, I won't be buying lipsticks at all.

I am just not a lipstick person because: 1) I already have pigmented lips and most of the lipsticks i tried would change its color on me after some time (acidic??) and 2) I have this annoying habit of wetting and biting my lips whenever I get stressed anxious (which I always am lately).

But I don't leave my lips as it is, I have a lot of lip glosses and lip balms or lip tints that I much prefer. Lately, I've been going gaga on Estee Lauder's Pure Color glosses. I might have been a good girl that the makeup gods came up with another fabulous stuff from Revlon that they know I would love...

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss
(Papaya and Hot Pink)
Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather.
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine.
Outshines everything but you!

• Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
• Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
• Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
• Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture

(Revlon website)
it's not the usual doe foot wand that comes with most lip glosses which can wear off after some time
it moves with your lips and doesn't scratch

what i love:
colors are pigmented, bright and stays glossy for a reasonable time. if the gloss fades, you'd still be left with some color on your lips.
the consistency (gel gloss) reminds me of my Chanel gloss which i also love
even the packaging looks like that of Chanel's
the color doesn't bleed on the lips
doesn't feel heavy and very moisturizing and no allergic reactions
there are sparkles but it doesn't look frosty at all
color is buildable. just add more layers if you want more
doesn't change its color on my lipst
fairly priced at Php675, cheaper than MAC's lipglass

Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Papaya


Revlon Colorburst in Hot Pink

what i hate:
nothing


i've been using Hot Pink (light application) a lot more often lately and this is indeed one of those stuff that can give your face a bright and fresh look quickly.

and yes, I am buying the other shades which I think can be useful on my makeup gigs. this gloss, when applied correctly can make sure that your bride (client) would have some (or even brighter) lipcolor after a few hours.

did you miss my post on their Colorburst lipstick?
no worries, just click here and then tell me what you love more...the lipstick or the gloss?

in my case, it would be uhmm...both?
^_^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are really pretty shades, thnx for posting this.. i must try.


follow/comment@CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

MariaKristela said...

I love the hot pink shade! The shade is so dainty and feminine. :)

Jamilla Camel said...

I think you look brilliant in those glosses! Me, I am a lipstick person.

Issa said...

wow, it really is pigmented for a lipgloss! this is a must try! thanks for sharing :)

socialitedreams said...

papaya should be your signature color, looks amazing on your lips! i adore it...want to try their colorburst lippies soon


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Anonymous said...

i must try... beautiful shades!
imiss reading your posts!
thanks for this post sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...