Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Product Review: Dove Foaming Makeup Remover

Oh yeah, another makeup remover review here. I do wear makeup almost everyday, so these babies won't be put to waste anyway.

I'm a Dove user, I love their soaps and their facial washes. I just didn't know they have a makeup remover too until I was introduced to it (with other bloggers) during the most recent Watsons Beauty Lab.



Dove Foaming Makeup Remover
Transforms from liquid into an ultra fine foam, to effectively remove makeup.
Works by effectively removing even the heaviest makeup including waterproof mascara, eye makeup and foundation

How to use:

Step 1:
Simply squeeze three pumps of Foaming Make Up Remover into your hand and apply to your face (wet or dry) to remove even the heaviest make up.

Step 2: Wash with a gentle moisturising face cleanser, such as Dove Beauty Moisture Facial Cleanser, to remove traces of dirt and restore your skin’s moisture balance.

Step 3: Moisturise after washing, with Dove Protective Moisturising Lotion, to help prevent future dryness and allow your skin to regenerate and recover while you rest.

(credits to Dove site)


From its packaging, one would think it's a cleansing oil (like Shu Uemura's) with a pump. but it's actually not! 2-3 pumps is all you need to get a soft, rich glob of foam like this:

what i like:
makeup melts easily, except for my waterproof eyeliner and mascara
soft foam makes cleaning your face a lot more enjoyable. it feels like playing with icing on your face
the mild scent
no greasy feel after using it
no allergic reactions
the packaging. it even comes with a pump stopper making it travel-friendly
reasonably priced at Php350 for a 155ml bottle which would probably last for 3 months or more.


after using Dove

what i don't like:
as you can see, it wasn't able to remove some of my waterproof mascara and the eyeliner on my waterlines.
it stings my eyes and it hurts like crazy
it may be quite drying to those who have normal-dry skins. it left me with a tight feeling on my face, which immediately went away since I have uber-oily skin

will I buy again? Maybe not. I'm using a lot of waterproof makeup and this won't really help me. also, i hate stuff that stings my eyes. I can stand blurring of my eyes for a bit, though...only that.


have you tried this?

if yes, did you like it or hate it? if not, will you be giving this a try?
let me hear yah!
^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...